- This event has already taken place.
Kayak Beginners Course Weekend Tirol
17 June - 18 June
In the kayak Beginners Course you learn all the basics to be independent on light white water. We show you what to look for on the river and how to use the equipment correctly. The technique you learn in this course is a good foundation to get started in kayaking! Unlike other kayak beginner courses, you won't learn a "beginner's technique", but the basics that will accompany you into the most difficult white water.
We take a day to practice everything that is important on the river: paddling forward, turning, bringing the boat to the edge and much more. At the end of the day we play canoe polo. Canoe polo is a lot of fun and helps us to deepen the learned techniques and to automate movements.
On the second day of the basic course, we put what we have learned into practice on a full-day river trip in whitewater. For this we will be on an easy river section and show you all the basics for navigating flowing waters. For example, we will practice river crossings by rope ferry, learn how to approach sweeping water and how to surf waves.
Kayak course information
- Material science: get to know safety equipment, adjust kayak, hold paddle correctly
- Driving straight ahead: efficient forward stroke and upper body posture
- Driving curves: Arc stroke, draw stroke, power stroke, weight shift and upper body rotation.
- Braking and backward paddling: Counterstroke and backstroke
- Canoe polo basics
- Small flow theory
- Sweeping water
- Learning the basic techniques on the lake
- Capsize on the lake: safely get out of the boat under water
- Canoe polo - playful consolidation of what has been learned
- Relaxed paddling in the current
- Exercises for the implementation of the basic strokes on the running water
- Rope ferry across the river (traverse)
- Boat edging to perform direction changes
- Entering and leaving various sweep waters
- Inn in Innsbruck
- Sill in Innsbruck
In order to participate at Beginners Course , you must
- can swim.
- be in good general health.
- be at least 12 years old.
- Be able to navigate easy river sections independently
- Learn all important basic techniques
- Long sleeve top in fleece or merino wool
- Possibly water bottle and granola bar for the river trip
- In the S2S Shop
- Lake Natterer 1, 6161 Natters
- Daily from 10:00 a.m. to about 5:30 p.m.
- Course fee € 200,00
- Rental equipment € 60,00
You still have questions about this offer? Then contact us at any time by e-mail. We look forward to advising you!