- This event has already taken place.
Technique Training Weekend
24 June - 25 June
The Technique Training is a two-day kayak course where you learn the most important techniques of whitewater paddling to the smallest detail! Here you will practice as much as you can! We will analyze, discuss and execute many movements from whitewater and slalom together. The majority of the time will be spent on slalom courses doing drills using gates and other obstacles.
After a theoretical review of the basic techniques, and a general explanation of the terminology, we start through! We will gradually increase the demand and difficulty of the exercises - starting with the absolute technique basics. In this way, this course will take you from the simplest exercises to very complex movements through the world of different techniques of kayaking.
Individual and exclusive care
To offer you the greatest possible learning success in this course, we will take a maximum of 4 participants per kayak instructor. This ensures that there is enough time to address all topics and questions and to work with video analysis again and again during the course.
To join Technique Training you should already have a good general technique (F2 level or higher).
Kayak course information
- Theoretical repetition of the basics
- Explanation of the most important terms and techniques
- Flow theory
- Driving tactics and line selection
- Steering kayak by weight shift and upper body rotation
- Generate "torque on the kayak" and use it for paddle strokes and direction changes
- Dynamic sweeping with correct edge use and draw stroke
- Slalom technique and its possible applications in white water
- Execution and correction of basic strokes
- Crossing zones of intersection (current/sweep; sweep/current; current/current).
- Rope ferries and crossings over strong tongues of current
- Dynamic sweeping with correct edge use and efficient pull strokes
- Re-enactment of typical problems in white water with the help of gates
- Slalom combinations with multiple gates
- Video analysis and explanation how to use it wisely
- Improve and specify technique
- Power saving paddling
- Improve boat feel and control over maneuvers
- Recognize own "problem areas" through video analysis and feedback from the trainers
- Define individual exercises that will help you personally and which you can perform at any time after the course
- Luca Daprá and/or Bernie Steidl
In order to participate in the technique course, you must
- can swim.
- master the eskimo roll.
- be in good general health.
- already have experience in kayak (F2 level or higher).
- be at least 14 years old (for younger ones we offer special youth courses offered).
- We meet on the first day of the course at 10:00 am at the agreed location. This will be communicated by e-mail at least two weeks before the start of the course.
- Daily from 10:00 a.m. to about 5:30 p.m.
- Course fee € 240,00
- Rental equipment € 60,00
You still have questions about this offer? Then contact us at any time by e-mail. We look forward to advising you!