You want to learn kayaking? In the kayak Beginners Course you learn all the basics to be independent on light white water. We will show you what to look for on the river and how to use the equipment correctly. The technique you learn in the kayak beginner course is a good foundation to get started in kayaking! Unlike other kayak basic courses, you will not learn a "beginner's technique", but the basics that will accompany you into the difficult white water.
We offer our beginner courses in Tyrol, Corsica and Slovenia. The basic courses in Tyrol take place on weekends throughout the season. Depending on the course location and duration, the course content and schedule vary. Therefore, please select one of our numerous basic courses for detailed information.
Get into a kayak! We show you all the basics.
Kayak information Beginners Course
- Material science: get to know safety equipment, adjust kayak, hold paddle correctly
- Driving straight ahead: efficient forward stroke and upper body posture
- Driving curves: Arc stroke, draw stroke, power stroke, weight shift and upper body rotation.
- Braking and backward paddling: Counterstroke and backstroke
- Canoe polo basics
- Small flow theory
- Sweeping water
- Learning the basic techniques on the lake
- Capsize on the lake: safely get out of the boat under water
- Canoe polo - playful consolidation of what has been learned
- Relaxed paddling in the current
- Exercises for the implementation of the basic strokes on the running water
- Rope ferry across the river (traverse)
- Boat edging to perform direction changes
- Entering and leaving various sweep waters
- Slovenia (Soca)
In order to participate at Beginners Course , you must
- can swim.
- be in good general health.
- be at least 12 years old (we offer special youth courses ).
- Be able to navigate easy river sections independently
- Learn all important basic techniques
- Long sleeve top in fleece or merino wool
- Possibly water bottle and granola bar for the river trip
You already know all that? Then take a look at our advanced courses.