Do you feel comfortable on class II whitewater and want to finally get into more difficult waters? Or are you already on class III whitewater a lot, but would like to be a bit more confident? Then the Advanced 2 kayak course is for you! We will show you how much fun more gradient and more water pressure can be when you simply rely on the current and your technique.
In this course, besides clean technique, we focus on the use of the current, the assessment of lines and on navigation tactics in the group. The goal of the course is to develop routine in class III whitewater .
We offer our advanced 2 courses in Tyrol, Corsica, Slovenia, Southern France and Engadine. Depending on the course location and duration, the course content and schedule will vary. Therefore, please select one of our numerous F2 courses for detailed information.
Learn boofen and everything else you need for class III whitewater.
Information about the advanced 2 kayak course
- Flow theory with pen and paper
- Recognize and use different currents on the river
- Steering kayak by weight shift and upper body rotation
- Sweeping water with forward stroke and draw stroke
- Control of the kayak by proper edging and pulling the paddle blade
- Scouting: Assessing hazards, choosing lines
- Group driving tactics: communication and safety guards
- Impact cushion ride
- Sweeping water
- Punch stones
- Sweep water combinations
- Slovenia (Soča)
In order to participate at Advanced 2 Course , you must
- can swim.
- be in good general health.
- be confident at class II whitewater .
- be at least 14 years old (for younger ones we offer special youth courses ).
- Be able to drive independently class III whitewater
You are already confident on class III whitewater? Then check out our Creek 1 course!