- This event has already taken place.
Kayak Beginners Training Weekend
24 June - 25 June
In the kayak Beginners Training the basics are applied and practiced on a river in the second degree of difficulty. After a theoretical review of the techniques you have learned in the Beginners Course we step on the gas! Rope ferries, until you glide easily over the current; sweep water driving, until your boat goes in like on rails. The Beginners Training offers you a preview of our advanced 1 course and prepares you ideally for it.
The aim of the course is to consolidate the basics and gain experience on the river. Even those who have not attended Beginners Course with us - but already bring a few days of river experience - is right in this course.
Kayak course information
- Theoretical review of the basics: use of materials, small flow theory, correct sweeping of the water.
- Repeat and practice the individual paddle strokes
- Deepen sweeping water driving
- Steering kayak by weight shift and upper body rotation
- Use the current: Edge properly and build pressure on the paddle blade!
- Steering a kayak with weight shift, upper body rotation and the right edge
- Use paddle as fulcrum
- Use bow stroke, draw stroke and power stroke in maneuvers
- Rope ferry across different currents (traverse)
- Sweeping water with forward stroke and draw stroke
- Inn in Innsbruck
- Sill in Innsbruck
- Lower reaches of the Brandenberger Ache
In order to participate at Beginners Training , you must
- can swim.
- be in good general health.
- have first experience in kayak, such as after one of our basic courses.
- be at least 12 years old.
- Consolidate and deepen the basics (see Beginners Course).
- Long sleeve top in fleece or merino wool
- Possibly water bottle and granola bar for the river trip
- In the S2S Shop
- Lake Natterer 1, 6161 Natters
- Daily from 10:00 a.m. to about 5:30 p.m.
- Course fee € 200,00
- Rental equipment € 60,00
You still have questions about this offer? Then contact us at any time by e-mail. We look forward to advising you!